Hello neighbors and friends,
I am pleased to report that the first annual NPU-T Executive Committee Leadership Retreat held this weekend was a remarkable success. Many thanks to all the NPU-T officers, committee chairs, and neighborhood association presidents who sacrificed a considerable amount of time to focus on improving our capacity as a leadership team. Our appreciation also goes out to the following supporters who helped make the retreat possible (presenters list & agenda contact me for copy):
- Georgia Stand Up
- Morehouse College, Community Revitalization Initiative
- Councilwoman Mary Norwood, Post 2 At-Large, Atlanta City Council
- Capitol City Bank
- West End Merchants Coalition
- Subway (1175 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd)
Please see the following announcements about this week’s NPU-T meetings and other government information. To view the full NPU-T calendar and other posted documents, visit http://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=mc.
- NPU-T Monthly General Meeting – 7:30PM Wednesday February 13th at Founders Hall (Shrine of the Black Madonna) 952 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd, SW Atlanta, GA 30310. AGENDA AND JANUARY MINUTES CONTACT FOR COPY
- Urban Design Commission – 4:00PM Wednesday February 13th at Atlanta City Hall, (City Council Chambers) 55 Trinity Ave., S.W. The Urban Design Commission holds public hearings for Council nominations for designation of buildings, sites and districts. The Commission also regulates the City’s historic preservation regulations and decisions regarding applications for certifications of appropriateness. NPU-T neighborhoods have several items on this agenda. For more information, contact Karen Huebner at 404.330.6200 or visit the UDC here. AGENDA CONTACT FOR COPY
- ARC Transportation Spotlight Newsletter – Transportation is central to metro Atlanta’s growth and success. As the federally-designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the 18 county Atlanta Region, the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) develops regional plans and policies to enhance mobility, reduce congestion and meet air quality standards. See the February issue of the ARC Transportation Spotlight newsletter here.
- GDOT Local Projects – The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) announces road closures and detours related to the construction projects in the Downtown Connector corridor that includes resurfacing I-75/85 in summer 2008 and replacement of the 14th Street Bridge. See more information, see the following link: 14th Street Bridge Improvement Project
If you are not currently in this email group and would like to continue receiving information related to NPU-T business and activities, as well as public notices forwarded from various government agencies, please notify the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or join the group directly at http://groups.google.com/group/nput_members. Please forward this notice to your neighbors and friends.
Kwabena “Cubby” Nkromo, NPU-T Chair
“Dedicated to building on our strengths in clean, safe neighborhoods.”
P.O. Box 11176