Great changes are happening in the West End you don’t want to miss it!!!
Ewelina Mieszkalska (resident/owner and active WEND volunteer) has diligently conducted the research and is calling for all residents interested in Private Police security to sign up now!! This is not a new concept-currently being successfully implemented in Grant Park, East Atlanta and other Atlanta neighborhoods.
View this police-officer-flyer.doc for additional details, prices, and how this can HELP change our community quickly!
at the West End Library at 7pm
1. Fighting The West End Crime Wave: Learn how to Prevent Car & House Break Ins. (This will not be a gripe session; information only. Power Point Presentation) (John Pavlin & Carl Nes) (Safety Giveaways and Prices for paid WEND Members)
2. Learn What Mortgage Fraud Has Done to Assessed Values and what you can do to lower your property tax. (Brent Brewer)
3. Citywide Transportation Plan– An Overview and Request for Participation (Ted Williams)
4. Update on May 2 Tour of Homes & May Day Celebration Call for Volunteers; List of Tour Homes (Brenda Arrington)
5. Committee Reports (Chairs)
According to the writers of http://www.Westviewbungalow.com :
We have a delicious new restaurant that opened in Westview called Khe-Khe’s Cafe! We have all really been enjoying it, so I wanted to pass the word on to everybody in West End. They serve tasty home cooked Southern meals and breakfast. On Saturday’s they have live jazz from 9pm until late. It’s in the old Lush Life spot on Ralph David Abernathy. It’s a mother and daughter team and they have really been great to all of us. It is a very welcomed addition to the neighborhood!
They are open from 7am to 7pm during the week, and open late on Friday’s and Saturday’s for the jazz. Please help us pass the word on.
Thanks, Patrick for the info. I MUST check it out this week- I LOVE Jazz…and food.. lol ! 🙂
BeltLine Partnership Canvas this Saturday (Feb 9th) will be in the West End and Westview. We need additional support and man power to help go door to door and give out BeltLine information. Training provided Friday and Saturday. Learn more about the BeltLine and how it will affect you- then help your neighbors 🙂
send me an email for additional info- we need you! firstname.lastname@example.org
4side Brick 3bd/ 1bth bungalow- Much CHARACTER and CHARM! Full finished basement!!! stone Gazebo with hand laid title work (owner is an artist) and light house, side Deck, large front porch, landscaped lawn- LARGE lot, bricked fence all around. Many original: Dark Hdwoods Flrs, butlers pantry, stained glass window in bathroom, built ins, craftsman columns, walk in kitchen pantry, laundry room (with sink), wide halls, bay window…much more.(I’ll have more pictures soon, the owners are in the process of moving)