Tai Chi Chuan: Saturdays @ 8:00 a.m
The Chinese characters for Tai Chi Chuan can be translated as the ‘Supreme Ultimate Force’. The notion of ’supreme ultimate’ is often associated with the Chinese concept of yin-yang, the notion that one can see a dynamic duality (male/female, active/passive, dark/light, forceful/yielding, etc.) in all things. ‘Force’ (or, more literally, ‘fist’) can be thought of here as the means or way of achieving this ying-yang, or ’supreme-ultimate’ discipline.
Benefits of Tai Chi Chuan:
- Reduce stress
Improve muscle strength and definition
Increase energy, stamina and agility
Increase feelings of well-being
Jump Rope Class: Saturdays @ 10:00 a.m.
This 30-minute class for men and women utilizes the jump rope the entire time. It will not only improve and perfect your jump roping skills, but is sure to whip you into shape; it is an excellent cardio and muscle strengthening workout. Jump roping isn’t just for kids and boxers anymore. Bring your own jump rope (if you have one) and some water, too!
Benefits of Jumping Rope:
· An excellent aerobic and anaerobic cross-training workout
· An efficient, high intensity, calorie burning activity to improve body composition, comparable to running at 12 to 15 Kcal per minute.
- A total body workout, utilizing the muscles of the calves, gluteus and quads. The constant turning of the rope also effectively uses the upper body muscles of the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, forearms and triceps.
- Improves the following athletic training skills: Speed, Agility, Power, Endurance, Timing, Coordination, Balance, Rhythm, and Grace.
- A fun and inexpensive workout that is easy to learn, but always remains a constant challenge.
Fore more information: Call (404) 304.1511 or email email@example.com